An Unforgettable Wedding in an Unforgettable Location: Mt Hood
Imagine this: you’ve chosen Miller Farm Retreat as your Mt Hood Wedding Venue, you’ve got a (insert adjective of choice) wedding dress, the arrangement is (adjective) and the guests surrounding you are all of your (insert: friends, family, dogs, bank tellers, etc). This is the great thing about choosing a beautiful wedding venue with a naturally gorgeous backdrop–whatever you decide to do beyond the setting is a bonus (a bonus crafted to your desires!).
We recently came upon this slideshow in the Huffington Post’s Bridal Guide section that we thought would be perfect for finding some these wedding ‘bonuses’ you can use to add your own personal touch to the beauty of the backdrop. There are literally thousands of great ideas out there that you can adopt and shape to make your own.
And here’s short list of our personal favorites from the collection:
- #4: “Sew a secret message onto the underside of your gown”
- #21: “Embroider your bridesmaid’s initials on their bouquet ribbon to personalize their blooms”
- #25: A Special Invitation for a Special Wedding Weekend
- #33: Turn your wedding prep into a party: “Give a short and sweet toast to your support group, confidantes, and friends throughout the years.”
- #37 & 38: Prepare for the Unexpected: Guides and contact info given creatively!
- #49: Customizable hand-fans! Great idea for a summer wedding!
- #54 & 55: “Incorporate a Ceremony Tradition or Invent Your Own”
- #64 & 65: Mix in some high-tech or super-creative photos to go with the traditional type
- #84 & 85: “Tell a fun fact” about the bridge and/or groom in a crafty way
- #118: “Display a sign at your reception with a specific hashtag guests can use to track photos from your wedding.”
- #127 & 128: “Have friends and family members write letters to you—write one for your groom, and vice versa—which are sealed into a box. Open it on your one-year anniversary and read the notes aloud”
Again, here is the link to the whole collection. We hope you can find something you want to use for your perfect wedding!
If you’re interested in learning more about having your wedding with us, please don’t hesitate to check out our wedding page here. Or you can contact us and we’ll tell you why we think we’re the best Mt Hood wedding venue for you!